Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ

Arctic

• Aion Team

On August 4, we will be consolidating the Danaria and Katalam Servers. Below, we have attempted to answer a number of questions which we expect users might have. We will also do our best to answer any questions here in the thread.

Q: My character is on Katalam. What happens to me? 

A: Characters on Katalam at the time of the merge will keep their character name and housing. If you have Asmodian and Elyos characters on the same server after the merge, you will be unable to create more characters until only one race is present.  

The following Q&A applies to characters on Danaria ONLY: 

Q: I can't create a character. What gives? 

A: Character creation on Danaria was disabled during maintenance for accounts that do not already have a character on the server. This will last until the merge. 

Q: What happens to my character name? 

A: Character names on Danaria will be randomized and affected characters will receive a name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

Q: How will Name Conflicts be Handled?
If a player wishes to keep a name of theirs which is already owned by another player, they can submit a Support Ticket.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and assign the future ownership of a name based on the following:

• Are both characters level 80+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, Support will use their discretion to award ownership based upon the age of the character and the total time played (provided the character is still active).

Q: What happens to my legion name? 

A: Legion names on Danaria will be randomized, and the Brigade General will receive a legion name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

Q: How will Legion Name Conflicts be Handled?
A: Customer Support will assist players with legion name ownership disputes. Legion names conflicts will be awarded based upon Support's discretion, factoring in the level of the Legion (provided the Brigade General and members are still active).

Q: I have non-studio housing. What happens to me? 

A: During the merge, your non-studio housing will be forfeited and you'll be refunded the bid price you purchased it for. Some or all of your deployed furniture may be undeployed during this process (it will still be available for deployment), and you will lose any custom wallpaper or flooring. Additionally, you will receive 250 Guestblooms. Housing auctions will be disabled from maintenance on 7/28 until the merge. 

Q: What about housing auction and maintenance fees? 

A: If you had a bid on a house with no previous owner, you will be awarded the house during maintenance on 8/4. If your non-studio housing was in the process of being auctioned during maintenance on 8/4, the auction was canceled with no winner (the housing will be returned to you). You will be refunded your auction fee via in-game mail within one week. Additionally, all non-studio owners will receive enough kinah to cover 4 weeks of maintenance fees. These will be mailed out within one week. 

Q: I have studio housing. What happens to me? 

A: Studio housing is unaffected by the merge. 

Q: What happens to items in my inventory, personal storage, housing storage, and pet storage? 

A: These items (including Kinah) will all transfer to the new server with you. For housing storage that was undeployed due to the switch to studio housing, you will need to redeploy it to access your items. 

Q: What happens to items in the account warehouse? 

A: Items in the account warehouse on Danaria will appear in the account warehouse on Katalam. Any overflow will be treated like a normal inventory overflow, where items populate as others are removed (no items will be lost). Account warehouses are race-specific, so Elyos and Asmodian characters on the same account will have separate warehouses if they occupy the same server after the merge. 

Q: Does anything happen to my Luna, Black Cloud Coin, unlocked Cubics or Transformations? 

A: Luna and Black Cloud Coin are account-bound currencies and will not be affected. Cubics and Transformations are unlocked account-wide and will not be affected, either. 

Q: What happens to my mailbox? 

A: The mailbox and its contents will transfer with the character. Purchased store items on the Black Cloud Deliveries tab will not be affected and can still be claimed by any eligible character on the account. 

Q: What happens to my GP and rank? 

A: GP will be unaffected by the merge, however the GP ranks are scheduled to reset as 8/4 marks the end of the GP season. For more information visit here. If there is any change to the server merge date, the ranks will still reset on 8/4 as they are not technically a part of the merge process. 

Q: What happens to my Arena of Harmony and GP season progress? 

A: 8/4 is the end of a season, and rewards will already have been distributed by the time maintenance begins. Progress earned during the 2 hours between the season end and the merge maintenance will be lost. 

Q: Are there any special events or bonuses happening around the server merge? 

A: Post-merge, all players on Katalam will be able to enjoy the following buffs for a period of two weeks from 8/4 until 8/18: 

+400% XP, +200% Drop, +200% Crafting, and +200% AP 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

A: Character names on Danaria will be randomized and affected characters will receive a name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

So you don't care about people on Danaria server.

Which name will we be able to get? like 15324fd45 ? Oh, i forgot you will do that for us.

Thanks im done with this game.

Nicknames first come first served my ass.. if someone get my main nickname I gonna obliterate NC Support with tickets to have my nickname back until I got perma banned or my name back... I own this nyerking nickname for f*cking 10 years.

The decision about the houses is lame as well.. the most honest behavior would be reset all the houses for everyone.

27 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

A: Post-merge, all players on Katalam will be able to enjoy the following buffs for a period of two weeks from 8/4 until 8/18: 

Good to know I will level up my alchemy then.

Also.. this is the same thing that happened when Erreshkigal merged.

But they received some kind of compensation for all the inconveniences.. Da Aria até now merging and we probably loose our nicknames, legion nicknames and our mansions.

What kind of compensation should we receive? Erreshkigal in the past time at least got 8k Luna.

35 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

A: Characters on Katalam at the time of the merge will keep their character name and housing. If you have Asmodian and Elyos characters on the same server after the merge, you will be unable to create more characters until only one race is present.  

A: Character creation on Danaria was disabled during maintenance for accounts that do not already have a character on the server. This will last until the merge. 

A: Legion names on Danaria will be randomized, and the Brigade General will receive a legion name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

A: During the merge, your non-studio housing will be forfeited and you'll be refunded the bid price you purchased it for. Some or all of your deployed furniture may be undeployed during this process (it will still be available for deployment), and you will lose any custom wallpaper or flooring. Additionally, you will receive 250 Guestblooms. Housing auctions will be disabled from maintenance on 7/28 until the merge. 

A: If you had a bid on a house with no previous owner, you will be awarded the house during maintenance on 8/4. If your non-studio housing was in the process of being auctioned during maintenance on 8/4, the auction was canceled with no winner (the housing will be returned to you). You will be refunded your auction fee via in-game mail within one week. Additionally, all non-studio owners will receive enough kinah to cover 4 weeks of maintenance fees. These will be mailed out within one week. 

Q: What happens to items in my inventory, personal storage, housing storage, and pet storage? 

A: These items (including Kinah) will all transfer to the new server with you. For housing storage that was undeployed due to the switch to studio housing, you will need to redeploy it to access your items. 

A: Items in the account warehouse on Danaria will appear in the account warehouse on Katalam. Any overflow will be treated like a normal inventory overflow, where items populate as others are removed (no items will be lost). Account warehouses are race-specific, so Elyos and Asmodian characters on the same account will have separate warehouses if they occupy the same server after the merge. 

Q: Does anything happen to my Luna, Black Cloud Coin, unlocked Cubics or Transformations? 

A: Luna and Black Cloud Coin are account-bound currencies and will not be affected. Cubics and Transformations are unlocked account-wide and will not be affected, either. 

A: The mailbox and its contents will transfer with the character. Purchased store items on the Black Cloud Deliveries tab will not be affected and can still be claimed by any eligible character on the account. 

A: GP will be unaffected by the merge, however the GP ranks are scheduled to reset as 8/4 marks the end of the GP season. For more information visit here. If there is any change to the server merge date, the ranks will still reset on 8/4 as they are not technically a part of the merge process. 

A: 8/4 is the end of a season, and rewards will already have been distributed by the time maintenance begins. Progress earned during the 2 hours between the season end and the merge maintenance will be lost. 

The new Item collection is not account wide. Please do not forget to transfer over our collections to KT. 

54 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

@Kibbelz @Loki

What about item collections? This is very important as some items/collections came from events and other collections took months and many hours to complete. These need to be transferred otherwise we would need to be compensated with hundred of +15 boxes and thousands of ultimate enchants

3 minutes ago, GenericUser49797 said:

The new Item collection is not account wide. Please do not forget to transfer over our collections to KT. 

I'm sure they will "forget". Messing things up is their specialty. 

12 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

What kind of compensation should we receive? Ereshkigal in the past time at least got 8k Luna.

Right? Well at least KT people will be happy with a little more population AND free bonuses for no reason.

I think that people that play for a long time should have a option to keep at least their main character's name.

I'm not sure, but I feel like names are shared between servers already. I mean I NEVER saw two people with the same name in the cross-server maps. I could be wrong, since people have thousands of alts, but.. I don't know.

DN people gets: ??????????

KT people: keeps name, houses, gets free bonuses,  gets kinah from possible name selling lmao.

It's nice to know we are nothing but code/data in a machine. Real players behind? Years and year of playing and memories? No such thing. Just shove us into KT like the nothing we are.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

This is NOT RIGHT @Kibbelz. I have had the character names Gallium and Carbonell since 2013. Every Server Merge Aion has had, I have kept these names. Someone very recently on KT made characters with these names. I am an extremely active player, I log on every day (unless my internet is out). The player(s) who have used my names on KT may not even be logging in anymore. Gallium is and has always been my main toon. Danaria is not asking for nor do we want this Server Merge. You are forcing it upon us. We should have the option of arguing our cases for ownership of names based on activeness and how long we have used these names, just like last time.

Please respond and do not ignore this.

Well this is the bare minimium compared to just shutting down DN. 

Having been through a merge several times, at each point, all that  housing owners will get back is the purchase price, and at each merge there was a significant loss compared to the purchase price. Now, there's the significant disparity between the 2 server economies as well. I recall that in the past, the server being merged was actually given compensation if that a[[lied (remember when new servers were created?)

This time, Danaria gets precisely...nothing. Guestblooms are just an added slap in the face, on top  the complete loss of player identities.

It would be more accurate to announce this "good news- we are now offering a free transfer for all Danaria players".

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

A: Characters on Katalam at the time of the merge will keep their character name and housing.

No. Absolutely not. Do not under any circumstances give any special treatment to Katalam. They don't deserve to keep their character names or their housing. If Danaria is getting reset, reset Katalam as well. There's no excuse for that bullocks. 

Why can't you make Pernon duel channel and create multi housing system so we can all keep our stuff?

I personally spent a good amount of real life money and endless hours on my housing. To loose my wallpapers and flooring that hasn't been resold on the BCM for YEARS is devastating. Plus loosing my housing that I've kept since the start of Pernon is just beyond sad. Not too mention some of us have guest blooms and housing items that are unobtainable in the game now and have not been added to the BCM. Loosing these mementos is.... well you guys should know better than this!

The possibility of using my in-game name that I've held since Day 1 of the game is just .... well I'm not going to use that language here. This really makes me not want to play retail again if I loose all of this stuff that I've spent real money on over the years. 

well i always had a feeling aion would go down in a stupid way, instead of a real shutdown, wouldn't have expected merge to be the reason why.
seems like our forum suggestions was completely ignored and our 50 or so tickets me and my friends sent were ignored aswell.

housing is w/e i have enough kinah to buy out entire oriel auction if i wanted. only thing i was concerned about was how they would handle the names, and  they chose the worst way. looks like the only link that still kept me attached to this game just like many others players is now gone. 12 years 30-40k+ hours poured in this game just for some lvl 1 bot to own my identity now without a chance to get it back. 

even tho if you had full reset people that already owned the names would still get to keep it via ticket like in past merges(which would be good for both kt and dn i explained why in the other thread) but nope lets just not even give a chance to danaria players even tho they have played just as long as any kt player and instead let some lvl 1 bots keep the names while they try to find a new one in a server that existed same amount of time as the other one, and if you haven't noticed almost every decent name is already taken on both servers. and xp/ap buff is just another slap to the face by ncsoft.

also to fellow kt players
"danaria asked for merge"- simply untrue, 99% of dn if you go around and ask on the lfg or dm's will say no about merge, even more so to this kind of merge.
"why should other server get screwed just because you dont want to lose your name"- you wouldn't get screwed cause you would have ticket system if merge was done properly to get your name back(explained in the other thread). how would you feel if it was the other way around?
"you dont speak for our server" - reseting on both servers is better for you aswell ... as more people will stay in the game while you don't even have a chance to lose your name if you have been active, via support system.

rzsm15t.png

We better get the same treatment as before. I have had my name for 10 years, Aelar is MY identity, not anyone elses. I don't care about any of my other names, but I am Aelar, and it will be acutely unfair if I don't get to keep my identity after all these years.

Players on Danaria SHOULD have a chance to argue their cases when it comes to character names. First-come first-served is just a lame excuse for you guys at NCWEST to slack off and ignore us.

I understand KT doesn't feel they should be punished for the merge, but why exactly does Danaria's population deserve to be treated so unfairly? This is not Danaria's fault,  this is all NCWEST's doing. Allow us the courtesy to have our voices heard. Nobody expected a perfect merge, but this is insulting.

Yeah this naming thing is absolute garbage, how on earth is this being justified? Can we get an official response as to why we are not on a level playing field here? First-come first-serve is fine when everyone is reset and the person who held the name the longest has rights to it.

This isn't rocket science. Make it equal.

They did it this way because the whales on Danaria server stopped spending money on Aion a while ago. They'd rather lose what little money the players on Danaria server bring in than the money spent by current players on Katalam server. It's a business decision. Only reason it was done this way.

It's truly incredible how NCwest takes pleasure in harming their own CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS!
You have no respect for your customers' money. You have no respect for the time spent by people playing on this "amazing server" for almost 10 years. It's really unbelievable the boldness you have to leave your customers unhappy.
This server merge will not solve any problem. 90% of Aion content today is cross/interserver possible. You had 10 years to learn how Aion works. You had 10 years to know your customers, but you were never interested in really getting to know them.
I don't know who the Aion Plaining Manager is. I can only say that for sure he's been doing a terrible job for years. This can be seen when looking at the number of active players, on a Continental Server (All North/Central/South America) there are only 300 players online. This is a total failure! (While other games as old as Aion have 50.000+ players online every day)

I always kept hope about Aion to be well managed again. Anyone who knows me knows how much I defended the possibility of this happening one day.

I love this game, unfortunately this game is unlucky to be managed by someone who doesn't know what to do.

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Kibbelz can you address the question about item collections, which are currently not account-wide, so is their completion status going to be merged between KT/DN or will the DN-progress be wiped?

Archived